SPF Moisturisers: Researched and Reviewed
It’s essential to use sun protection every day in a climate like Australia’s. SPF protects you from skin cancers, and is the best way to prevent signs of ageing. But not all of us are happy to slather thick sunscreen on our faces every day.
And that’s where daily SPF moisturisers come in. Add one of these to your skincare routine and you don’t even have to think about extra protection unless you’re going to be outside for a while. But just like sunscreen, SPF moisturisers can contain problematic ingredients.
It’s not just the active (sunscreen) ingredients, either. You still have to watch out for all the usual nasties like parabens, preservatives and synthetic fragrances. And to make it even more confusing, some of the ingredients lists are incredibly long and totally confusing.
And that’s where Hello Charlie comes in. I’ve spent months finding all the ingredients, researching them and reviewing them so that I can recommend the best and safest to you.
There are so many SPF moisturisers available in Australia. With some of them, you just know they’re going to be chock full of toxic ingredients, so I didn’t include them. I’ve tried to include all the ‘natural’ ones, so that I can help you work through the greenwash. And I included a few mainstream ones, too, so that you can compare! They’re all in alphabetical order for easy reference.
- Ahava Age Control Even Tone Moisturizer SPF 20
- Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses CC Cream Sheer Nude with SPF 30
- Antipodes Immortal SPF15 Face & Body Moisturiser
- AQI Daily Facial Moisturiser with SPF
- AVEENO Positively Radiant Daily Moisturiser SPF15
- Burts Bees Skin Nourishment Daily Moisturiser SPF 15
- Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Free Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF 30
- Dermalogica Oil Clearing Matte Moisturiser SPF 15
- Dove Essential Nutrients Tinted Moisturiser Honey SPF15
- Green Foot Mama Sun Balm
- Hurraw Lip Balm SPF15 Tangerine Chamomile
- Invisible Zinc Tinted Daywear SPF 30+
- Miessence Reflect Outdoor Balm SPF 15
- Kelapa Organics SPF15 Face Moisturiser
- Kosmea Moisturising Lotion SPF 30
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Illuminating Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen
- Milk & Co Face Moisturiser + Sunscreen
- Moo Goo Anti-Ageing SPF 15 Face Cream
- Moo Goo Cover-Up Buttercup SPF 15 Natural Moisturiser
- Mukti Tinted Moisturiser with Sunscreen Medium
- Natio Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20
- NeoStrata Sheer Triple Protection Moisturizer SPF 50+
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF15
- Nivea Moisturising Face Care Fluid SPF15
- Olay Total Effects 7 in One Day Cream Normal SPF 15
- Palmer’s Australia Cocoa Butter Moisturising Lotion with Sunscreen
- Rodan & Fields Reverse Shield Brightening Lotion SPF 15
- Simplicite Moisturiser with Sunscreen SPF 15
- Skin Juice Sun Juice Mineral Moisturiser SPF 15
- Skin Juice Sun Juice Mineral Moisturiser SPF 15 – Tinted
- Sun & Earth Natural Sun Zinc
- Surf Mud Natural Zinc
- Suvana Paw Paw & Acai Lip Balm SPF20
- Swisse Natural Defence Moisturiser SPF 15
- The Jojoba Company Moisturising Protective Day Cream SPF 15
- The Body Shop Pomegranate Day Lotion SPF 15
- Trilogy Daily Defence Moisturiser SPF15
- Ultraceuticals Ultra UV Protective Daily Moisturiser SPF 50+
- Y-Not Natural Daily Care Moisturiser SPF15
Read the free ebook now!
All this and more is in our brand new ebook: SPF Moisturisers Cheat Sheet. And because I love my readers (that’s you!) so much, there’s even a special bonus for you at the very end of the ebook. You’ll get 10% off all the SPF Moisturisers that we stock at Hello Charlie. And trust me, if we stock them at Hello Charlie, they’re safe and non toxic.
It’s right here, and it’s free, so what are you waiting for? Download your free ebook now! Our SPF Moisturisers Cheat Sheet will help you sort out the eco from the eeek-o!
Further reading on non toxic SPF moisturisers and sunscreens
We’ve got lots of other articles that you might find useful, too:
- The Ultimate Guide to Toxic Sunscreen Ingredients
- What Is Retinyl Palmitate? (And Why You Should Avoid It)
- How to Choose a Good Natural Sunscreen
- Shopping Guide to Natural Sunscreen
- Why You Won’t Find Organic Sunscreens in Australia
- Biggest Ever Natural Sunscreen Cheat Sheet
- Oxybenzone – The Sunscreen Ingredient That’s Killing Our Coral
Are we missing any?
It’s impossible to review every single SPF moisturiser available in Australia, but I did try to include all the ‘natural’ ones. If I’ve missed your favourite, let me know! Drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the cosmetics with SPF and a link to the ingredients, or pop it into the comments below.
I can’t promise that I’ll get to it straight away, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Like this? Why not Pin it?