There are so many options these days to help you have a healthy period. We’ve stocked organic pads and tampons here at Hello Charlie for years. And now we’ve got another option for you – the washable and reusable Hannahpads.
Cloth pads are a great way to go waste free during your period. You can reduce single plastic use, and reduce the amount of waste going into land fill.
But they’re not just better for the environment. They’re also better for your body. Organic cotton is grown without pesticides, and lightly processed without toxins. There’s no bleach, no dyes and no formaldehyde. The layers of soft cotton are ideal for putting next to the most sensitive areas of your body.
How long with they last?
Hannahpads will last 2 to 3 years, depending on how you use them and care for them.
What sizes are there?
Hannahpads come in six sizes: Pantyliner, Small, Medium, Overnight, Ultra Overnight, and Super Ultra Overnight.
- 21cm long x 18cm wide (including wings), 15g
- Absorbency 30-45mL
- 21cm long x 18cm wide (including wings), 20g
- Absorbency 40-60mL
- 27cm long x 18cm wide (including wings), 28g
- Absorbency 55-80mL
- 33cm long x 18.5cm wide (including wings), 37g
- Absorbency 75-110mL
Ultra Overnight long
- 36cm long x 19.5cm wide (at the wings) x 15.7cms at the gusset (back end), 44g.
- Absorbency 85-130mL
Super Ultra Overnight
- 42cm long x 19.5 cms wide (at the wings), x 18.2cms at the gusset (back end), 61g
- Absorbency 120-180mL
What are they made from?
Made from certified organic cotton layers, they’re undyed and unbleached. They’re so unprocessed, that you may even see small cottonseeds (small black dots). The organic cotton is safe and non irritating against your skin.
The outer, waterproof layer has a TPU coating on the inside. This is what prevents leaks. And it’s the pretty part with patterns!
How do you use them?
Just pop them into your underwear and fasten the wings with the snap. That’s it!
Who can use Hannahpads?
Anyone from teen girls, to pregnant and postpartum mums, normal periods and even for incontinence or light bladder leakage.
For postpartum use, we’d recommend that Super Ultra Overnight size.
Can I use Hannahpads with incontinence or light bladder leakage?
For light bladder leakage, the medium absorbency should be fine. For medium leakage, go with the large. Hannahpads aren’t recommended for heavy or severe leakage.
Change the pad within 15 to 30 minutes of leakage to avoid skin irritation.
How do I wash and care for Hannahpads?
- Rinse under running cold water. You can do this up to 12 hours after use.
- Pop a few drops of eco friendly laundry detergent on the pad and rub it.
- Without rising the detergent, soak in cold water for 6 hours or up to 48 hours.
- Hand wash or machine wash in cold water on a gentle cycle.
- Dry in the sun wherever possible. It’s a natural antibacterial and bleach. Make sure that they’re fully dry before being put away, so that they don’t get mouldy.
Tumble drying is not recommended, as you’ll shorten the life of the pad.
Don’t bleach, don’t use fabric softener, and don’t dry clean.
Images: Hello Charlie (top), Hannahpad
Like this? Why not Pin it?